Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Timeline

Ever since I was a little girl, trick or treating involved dressing up and having my mom drive us door to door to family and friends' homes since we lived outside of town.  We usually had our trusty plastic pumpkins to carry our loot.

For Emmy's first Halloween I was almost lured by fabric bags with pumpkins and sayings and the cutesie metal pails.  In the end I went to Wal-mart and bought her her very own plastic pumpkin for about a $1.99.  Those plastic pumpkins just bring back so many memories of my own childhood Halloweens.  That bright orange pumpkin has been her loot "bag" ever since.  Last year we bought Maddie her own and next year Ry will have his very own.


                                                 
On the girls' pumpkins, I wrote with a black Sharpie what they have dressed up as for Halloween every year since they were born.

And this year?

I guess you'll have to wait and see!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

That's a very cute idea. We have the same pumpkins. Although I try to keep them stored away, they always find their way back out to be used as buckets for toys, leaves, rocks, etc.

parenting ad absurdum said...

I love this! I love anything that helps me remember these moments.

I haven't been around for a bit, but it's very nice to see you :).

Post a Comment