Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lesson Learned

We've lived in our current home for 4 years and for that entire time we've had our car and homeowner's insurance policies with the same company. We've been trying to cut the fat from our family budget and I thought that it would pay to check out other company's prices. It turns out we could have been saving over $800 a year just on our homeowner's insurance alone. Why didn't I do this before? There are a lot of online price comparison websites. I used Netquote just to check out our homeowner's insurance. I filed out the online form and they gave me 3 companies who would contact me with quotes. Within a half hour I had received a call from Metlife with a quote and an estimate through email from Allstate. I'm still waiting an hour later to hear from Erie. It saved me from thumbing through the phone book and calling individual agents.

1 comments:

Joy@TPMG said...

By 3 pm I had heard from the other insurance company. All three companies were very closely matched for price. Unbelievable.

Post a Comment