Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Puppy Tale

My daughter loves my mother-in-law's dog. She's a little white fluffy dog. Well, she was fluffy.  Now she is bald since she just had her hair clipped for the summer.

Emmy loves to take her for a walk, play tug-of-war, and pet her.


She even has mastered taking Maggie out to go potty.

Sometimes the lines between human and dog get blurred though.

The other day my daughter told my mother-in-law she was going to take Maggie to the potty.  She proceeded to attach Maggie's leash and walk her into the bathroom.  She put her little potty seat on the toilet and tried to lift Maggie onto the toilet.  She struggled with lifting the dog and grunting, told my mother-in-law that Maggie was heavy.  My mother-in-law had to explain to her that Maggie goes potty outside. 

She also loves to pretend to be a dog. 

Remember the pic of my daughter's puppy dog hat that she insisted on wearing to the park?

 
Playing doggy provides endless amusement to my daughter.  Give her a command and she will obey.  Sit, touch your head, turn around.  She even tries to attach the leash so she can go for a walk.  This provides many laughs and giggles.  She even told my mother-in-law that she wanted to take a nap-in Maggie's dog cage.  To her disappointment, her nap was not in the cage. 

At the moment we only have a cat and fish for pets.  Does this mean we are getting a dog?

No, no, and no.  Really.  I said no. 

Okay.  Maybe.  One day.  But not soon.

Don't look at me like that.

Puppy dog faces will NOT work on me.

11 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

LMAO. Just a warning. It worked on me. Hahaha. Man, I am SOOO behind. It was a hella weekend, and I missed my blog friends SO much. This post really made me smile.

Did you ever get your Mommys Nest?

Liz Mays said...

Uh oh, you're gonna cave!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

You are soooo getting a dog! :)

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Lourie said...

Be strong! Hahaha.

My daughters used to play "fetch" when they were littler.

parentingadabsurdum said...

I love that picture so much! Yup, no dogs for us either.

parentingadabsurdum said...

I love that picture so much! Yup, no dogs for us either.

Mindy said...

I love this story! My kiddos love dogs, too, and have zero fear. It's amazing.

I have an award for you on my blog!
http://theinquisitivemom.blogspot.com/2010/07/thank-you-thank-you-very-much.html

Liz said...

As long as Emmy doesn't start going potty outside. :)

One Photo said...

I am so not a pet lover. So far my daughter does not like dogs at all, which my husband says is a good reason to get one so that she gets over her fear but a) I know sometimes the child learns to love her dog but still fear all others and b) I will be the one going for walks in the dark, gathering up poop, going on emergency trips to the vet, house training, feeding and more. So I agree, no, no and NO!!!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

And she obeys? I have to teach my daughter to pretend to be a puppy!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm with you. My lil' dude goes CRAZY for dogs and I'm still resisting!

Post a Comment