Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What Our Family And Friends Are Getting in the Mail

They finally arrived!

Our Christmas card order.

I was so excited I immediately ripped open the box.  I always listen for the mailman in the afternoon especially around the holidays for all the goodies that come in the mail.  One of my favorite parts is the Christmas cards and letters that we get from our friends and family.



There were only about two pics from our last photo session that we could use for our Christmas card.  Madison and Emily had just napped before we went so they were little bundles of energy.  We hadn't had a family portrait done since the Christmas after Emily was born and I was determined that we were getting one this year.  We have maybe two pictures with our whole family in them from this year.  Either my husband or myself are usually behind the camera.

I almost wish the girls had been a little more tired for the session.  One went one way and the other went the other way.  As my husband said, "it was like herding cats."  I now understand the expression.

Emmy now also walks around putting her dolls on her head and saying "aaa-choo" so that they fall off her head just like the photographer did to get them to smile.

Inside the cards we did a timeline of sorts of our year.  It wasn't until after I placed my order that I realized the typo on the card. Emmy's birthday isn't in July.  I doubt anyone will even notice. Okay, I hope not!

Now all I have to do is print out the mailing labels and send them in the mail.  What, you actually thought I hand write all fifty of those envelopes?  Not this year, I'm not.

What kind of Christmas cards are you sending this holiday season?

5 comments:

Daisygirl said...

Love the cards!!! We are sending out a couple different ones this year from Shutterfly! I love Christmas cards!

Stephanie Faris said...

I LOVE it! It's much better than those Christmas newsletters some people send out because it's part of the card. It encapsulates your year without sounding overly self-important. PERFECT. If I had a couple of kids, I'd want to do something like this.

Mindy said...

These are amazing. Can't wait to get my shutterfly order to send some out for the first time in 3 years. Your recipients will love these.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Those Christmas cards look beautiful. I was late getting ours done this year due to flu so I ended up making them from our Disneyland pictures.

Joy@TPMG said...

Thanks so much, Ladies! Shutterfly did an amazing job. I love getting Christmas cards in the mail!

Post a Comment