Facts about this new product:
- 92% natural and not oil-based like other fabric softeners
- Safe for use in Standard and High Efficiency (HE) washing machines
- No oily residue which means no interfering with your towels ability to absorb water, safe to use on children's sleepwear since it does not hinder the fabric's flame retardant ability, and it does not affect the ability of wicking fabrics like those in sportswear to do their job
- Easy to use (just throw in with your clothing at the start of the wash cycle)
- Will keep your whites from yellowing or graying
- Available in three new scents: Fresh Spring waters™ , Lavender Blossom™ , and Tropical Splash™
- Priced around $3.99-$5.99 and available nationwide at food, drug, and mass retailers
I had been sent a sample of the Purex Complete Crystals Softener in the Fresh Spring Water scent. I was a little worried about sprinkling the crystals in with my laundry because I feared I would have stains on my clothes where they came into contact with the fabric. When I took my laundry out, my laundry not only looked clean but it smelled fresh. The scent while the clothing was wet was a little strong but after a cycle in the dryer it came out smelling lightly scented. Since I am sensitive to smells, I liked that it wasn't a cloying or overwhelming scent.
I also liked that the fabric softener is primarily natural and that it doesn't impede the ability of fabrics to do their job. As a mom concerned with taking care of the items we buy and trying to make them last as long as possible, I like products that help me with this goal.
Not being a fan of dryer sheets (which I have a tendency to not pull out when I get the clothing out of the dryer and which I find days later inside clothes), I prefer using fabric softener to help keep our clothes static free. The crystals are very easy to use and I liked being able to just throw them in at the beginning of the wash cycle and then go about doing other things.
Want to try them for yourself?
Purex Complete Crystals Softener Giveaway (3 winners)
Three winners will recieve a coupon for a free 28 oz. bottle of Purex Complete Crystals Softener.
Mandatory entry (if you do not complete this entry all others will be void): Share your favorite laundry tip or share your favorite thing about doing laundry!
To receive additional entries:
*Become a follower or a subscriber of The Practical Mom Guide and if you already do so just leave a comment stating that you already follow (1 entry)
*Follow TPMG and/or Purex on twitter (1 entry each)
*Become a fan of TPMG and/or Purex on Facebook (1 entry each)
*Tweet (maximum of once daily) about this giveaway and don't forget to leave your twitter name
Copy and paste: Purex Complete Crystals Softener Giveaway at #TPMG. 3 winners http://bit.ly/hYSPis (1 entry per tweet)
*Add The Practical Mom Guide to your blogroll or display our button (5 entries)
*Post about this giveaway on your blog (5 entries)
This giveaway will end on Sunday, January 30, 2010. I will announce the winner on January 31st here at The Practical Mom Guide. If I am unable to contact the winner or they do not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.
Contest only open to U.S. residents.
Good luck and thanks for participating!
I am a Purex Insider and was provided with a sample of the Purex Complete Crystals Softener and coupons to give away to my readers courtesy of Purex.