Friday, February 4, 2011

Dear Heart

Dear Heart,
I know I should take better care of you.  Yes, you've been broken a few times but you've always mended quite nicely.  Your not as fragile as people would think.  You've certainly gotten quite a bit of exercise over the years and you've proven how strong you are with how much love you can carry.

Yet, I do neglect you at times-more than I should.  I know I don't eat as healthy as I should and that I don't exercise my body quite as much as is recommended.  I also know I hold a lot in and don't let out my anger and frustrations like I should.  Instead I carry it inside and I know that makes you sad.

I promise to work on it.

I want to be around for a very long time.  I want to watch my children graduate from high school and college, walk down the aisle on their wedding day, and be there when their babies are born. I also want to grow old at my husband's side.  I have a lot left to do.

Love,

Joy
_______________________________________________________

February is American Heart Month.  Today is National Wear Red Day to help spread the word about women and heart disease.  Heart disease and strokes are among the top three killers of women today.  According to the American Heart Association (and the American Stroke Association which is a division of the American Heart Association), there are seven steps to living better.  These steps include getting active, eating better, losing weight, controlling cholesterol, managing blood pressure,  reducing blood sugar, and stopping smoking. 

Visit Go Red For Women.org to learn what you can do to help spread the word and for more resources.

You can also get a red dress twibbon for your twitter avatar by visiting The Heart Truth.

Macy's is also having The All Red Sale from February 2-6.   Shoppers who wear red (or purchase a Red Dress Pin for a $2 donation to the American Heart Association) will get up to 20% off their purchases.

3 comments:

Post a Comment