Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cookie Monster's B-day


November 2nd was Cookie Monster's birthday. To celebrate this beloved Sesame Street character's birthday, I hosted a Cookie Monster playgroup for the MOMS club to which I belong. We had a good time. Usually these events are very relaxed and we kind of go with the flow (the little ones at this event ranged from 1 1/2-3 years of age).

I provided a craft. We made little Cookie Monsters with printables from the DLTK website and I had the "Cookie Monster and 10 Cupcakes Coloring Page" printable from Sprout. To do the craft from the DLTK website I made my husband go to Staples to print copies of Cookie Monster's body parts since I used the color version. Otherwise, our printer would have been sucked dry of colored ink. Staples is currently offering 50% back in Staples Rewards on all copies until November 7th if you use your Staples Rewards card. I had also been saving toilet paper rolls for several months.

To keep with the theme, I served blue snacks and snacks that started with the letter C such as blueberries (I had cantelope too but I forgot to pull it out of the fridge), goldfish crackers, cheese (string cheese), cucumber slices and carrots with dip, and chocolate chip cookies (Hillary Clinton's recipe which has oatmeal and is very yummy).

I didn't have any special decorations for the day but you could have blue streamers and blue balloons to make it like a real birthday party. After the craft, the children played while the moms chatted.

I sent each child home with a Cookie Monster cupcake. I just used the Magnolia cupcake recipe and decorated them like I saw on the Good Things Catered blog. They turned out really cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment