Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What To Do With Turkey Day Leftovers

1)After Thanksgiving sandwich
I had this at a restaurant several years ago and I always have at least one with Turkey day leftovers. On sourdough bread layer mayo, turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. I know it sounds a little weird but it tastes sooo good.

2)Have a salad bar instead of having a big bowl of salad for everyone to share so that you can use the leftover veggies for other things. I can't take credit for coming up with this one. I read it in our local paper and thought it was a great tip.

3)Pasta salad
Use your leftover veggies from appetizers (we sometimes have a tray of veggies and dip for before dinner) or the salad bar. I usually just throw whatever veggies I have in the fridge with some pasta and Zesty Kraft Italian dressing for a quick meal or side dish.

4)Share the bounty
We always send guests home with food. You can also give it away to neighbors.

5)Browse online
There are some great recipes online that call for Thanksgiving leftovers. Some examples include: Emeril's Thanksgiving Leftovers Shepard's Pie, Associated Content Online has some great ideas for leftover turkey, uses for cranberry sauce are on iVilliage, and even Martha Stewart has some great ideas for using sweet potatoes, turkey, and mashed potatoes.

1 comments:

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

I ALWAYS have a snadwich the day after Thanksgiving! My dad has always made them and, as a result, all three of us kids just love them. We make them on Wonder Bread, though :).
Thanks for coming by and following my blog. I guess you were a history teacher? I was one too! Not sure when/if I will go back. We will see!
Sarah

Post a Comment