Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to write a short note before Thanksgiving. My daughters are asleep and my husband is out with a friend. Our houseguests will not be here until midnight so I wanted to take a few minutes to jot down some thoughts before the holiday craziness begins.

What am I thankful for? My healthy family who is safe thanks to the people who serve in the armed forces and protect our great nation. I am thankful for the fact that while his pay has been reduced due to the tough economy, my husband still has a job. His job allows us enough leeway financially that I can still stay home with our beautiful daughters. I am thankful for all of the family and friends in our lives who love us unconditionally. I know that through whatever may happen in our lives there are people who will cheer us on in the good times or give us a hand up in the bad times. I am thankful for the sun that rises in the morning to signal a new day for I truly believe each day is a gift. Lastly, I want to thank everyone who has read my ramblings for the last few months and for your support. Thank you and have a wonderful Turkey Day!

Joy

3 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip said...

Nice post! It's so important to remember to be thankful and not to take for granted all the simple things. Found you on MBC. You have a lovely blog and I'm going to follow you! Looking forward to reading more. Hope you had a great holiday!

organicmotherhoodwithcoolwhip.com

Clueless_Mama said...

All of those sound like the perfect things to be thankful for. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.
Following your blog from MBC.
http://www.guessingalltheway.com

Post a Comment