Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas From My Family to Your's



Happy Holidays, Everyone.  Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, I know this time of year still causes us to pause and reflect on all of the things that are important to us.  I got my Christmas present early.  My grandmother finally came home from the hospital today after being in and out of hospitals since Thanksgiving Day.

My poor,wonderful husband is nursing a cold and is curled up in bed trying to rest. Or is he trying to get out of wrapping duty? Nah. My daughters in their new Christmas PJs are snug in their beds, after leaving cookies for Santa and healthy carrots for the reindeer.  After all they need to keep up their energy.  We didn't forget the milk either, nor the extra cookies for Prep and Landing. 'Twas the Night Before Christmas has been read and our daughters have unwrapped their new ornaments for this year and they now adorn our twinkling tree.

I am off to start wrapping presents, and yes, I do mean start.  Not a present has been wrapped yet.  I love to wrap though so it isn't a chore.  Joy's Depot of Toys is closed for another year.  I can enjoy Santa's glass of milk and some cookies and carrots (I have to be somewhat healthy) while I wrap.  I'm sure Santa won't mind.  He knows a mommy's work is never done and that we have to keep up our energy to.  Have a wonderful holiday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment