Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kids Today Have It Lucky

Remember saying "I'm bored" to your mom and having her say "go play outside".  Growing up, we had a traditional metal swingset in our backyard to play on and that was it.  After a few years it developed rust spots and started to show its age but it was still sturdy. I have lots of fond memories of sitting on the swings with a book or hanging upside down on the trapeze bar envisioning myself as one of the acrobats from the circus.  Now I have kids of my own.  I had a hard time trying to think of gifts for Christmas for a 2 year old and a 5 month old.  They have lots of toys and books.  Many toys do the same thing.  How many toys that teach the alphabet do you really need? I came across some really cool toys online.  Here are some toys to turn your backyard into a miniature playland.  If you haven't seen these, you need to check them out. What will they think of next?







Extreme Roller Coaster (also by Step 2)






As cool as these toys are, I think we'll be sticking with the public pool, local amusement parks, and the public ice rink for our little munchkins when they are a little older.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yes they do ! I remember wanting one of those inflatable activity things never got it and now that im a parent i totally understand why. i too will stick with local pools and amusement parks!

Joy@TPMG said...

I hear you! I can't even imagine assembling them. That must be some pump for that water park. My daughter has already learned that daddy fixes things and puts them together.

Becci Bell said...

what happened to big wheels, jump ropes, mud and stone soup, and hula hoops? and the club house built out of sticks propped up against a tree in the back yard.

Joy@TPMG said...

Your right Becci. I think the simpler things are the things they will remember more. There is nothing that can compete with our imaginations!

Post a Comment