Thursday, March 4, 2010

My View of The View

Have you checked out The View this week?

Monday-The ladies discussed the conclusion of the Olympic games, the trainer killed by the killer whale, and the earthquake in Chile in "Hot Topics".  Celebrity publicist, Cindi Berger discussed with the ladies how stars can rehab their careers.  They discussed Tiger Woods and his apology.  Nathan Filion from Castle (in its second season) appeared and discussed his time as Joey Buchanon on the ABC soap One Life to Live.

Tuesday- Robert Pattinson (Twilight) and Emilie de Ravin (Lost) appeared to discuss their latest movie, Remember Me.  Former Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney, was on promoting his new book No Apology.  He discussed what is wrong with America today and what needs to change.

Wednesday-Lisa Kudrow of  Who Do You Think You Are joined the ladies in an episode of the best of the "ViewTube" with celebrity exit interviews and backstage footage.

Thursday-The beautiful Valerie Bertinelli (Jenny Craig spokeswoman) will be a co-host today with the ladies. Abigail Breslin, a former Oscar nominee and star from Broadway's The Mirable Worker will be on.  A musical performance from Broadway's Fela will also be featured along with Mia Wasikowska from Alice in Wonderland (the new film with Johnny Depp).

Friday-The "Road to the Oscar's" episode will feature Don Cheadle and Wesley Snipes.  The best and worst of Oscar fashion will be seen in "The History of Oscar Fashion".  Michael Phillips and Tony Scott from At the Movies will announce their Oscar predictions. 


My View of The View
My take on Tuesdays show:

The ladies discussed the new dancers on "Dancing With the Stars".  Kate Gosselin, Buzz Aldrin (yes, the astronaut) to name just two of the new contestants and probably two of the most unexpected.  An interesting point was brought up.  Do you think Buzz Aldrin, an American hero, will have a tarnished image for joining this show?  At first I was shocked and (I admit) a little horrified that this man who is an American icon would stoop to being on a reality show.  I started to reconsider when one of the ladies pointed out that people may see him as more of a human being.  We do seem to put our heros on pedestals.  Maybe he is a wonderful dancer.  I am curious though at what has motivated him to join the show. 

Elizabeth had a "Bachelor hangover" after watching the conclusion of this seasons hot show.  I loved that term.  Have you ever felt letdown the morning after watching a show-a pit in your stomach from how it ended? If you haven't heard, the Bachelor chose the woman who he had the chemical pull with rather than the one who he had connected with emotionally.  Like Sherri, I wonder how long this relationship will last.

Robert Pattinson (Twilight series) and Emilie de Ravin (Lost) were on promoting their new movie, Remember Me.  It always amazes me that actors can perfect an American accent for roles.  I don't know why that always amazes me when American actors can perfect English and Australian accents.  Walters complimented him by comparing him to James Dean.  I have to admit I can't see him in anything beyond his role in Twilight so I want to see his new movie.  Pattinson in some ways seemed embarrassed by his heartthrob status.  He was very personable with the ladies and he seemed down-to-earth honestly admitting to having a panic attack at a premiere and hiding in the car.  I loved his comment about Betty White being sexy when asked if he would date an older woman.

Emilie mentioned that there are only three episodes left yet to film of Lost.  It seems that the actors themselves are unsure about where the writers of Lost are heading.  Darn.  I was hoping for some insight.  This season is driving me crazy.  I have a feeling that the moring after the season finale, I am going to have a "Lost hangover".  Emilie seemed oversahdowed a bit by the hoopla over Pattinson's hearthrob status.  She looked amazing though and had on an awesome pair of shoes.   

Mitt Romney, former governor of Massachusetts, was also on promoting his new book, No Apology.  He was very candid about what needs to change in America.  He semi-jokingly had responded to a question about what he would change by changing the president, Congress, and the senate.  He went on to state that we need to balance our budget and reform our schools-two things that I feel strongly about myself.  I think he related to the feelings of many of the day's viewers when he said we need to stop pointing fingers and talking about what is wrong and start acting.

You can catch episodes you missed by watching them online at The View's website.  See what other moms are saying about The View with #theviewmoms.

Why am I an ambassador for The View?  I love being able to support this diverse group of women (some of whom are moms) who share their viewpoints on today's topics.


I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other The View branded items to facilitate my review.

5 comments:

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I think we are in for an interesting "Dancing with the stars" season.

I love Valerie Bertinelli from way back. She's just so darn cute even at her age which is my age kinda. I wish I was that cute and perky,lol

Liz Mays said...

I always love Joy's take on things. She's no bull and I love that!

Daisygirl said...

I have missed this whole week!!! Thankfully I have your awesome blog to read!

Sadly I think Mr Buzz will be the first to be booted off the show, I wonder myself what brought him to decide to do it! I think for the most part the cast should be fabulous!

We were so going to go to seaworld but after the latest incident we are not anymore. The more I think about it these animals shouldn't be in captivity....so my view on seaworld has changed...kinda sad though!

I personally love Rob Pattinson, have you heard him sing? He is awesome!
~Jen~

Joy@TPMG said...

I love Joy (and not just because we share the same name) to! She can always be depended on to make a witty remark. I can't believe she has her own show on CNN.

I haven't watched Dancing with the Stars since I think the first season because I thought it was a unique idea but I think I may have to tune in this time.

Lourie said...

I love DWTS! I think Buzz and the ice skater are the ones I am most interested in. Otherwise this seasons line up didn't do much for me.

Valerie Bertinelli is so cute! I wish I had even one tenth of her cuteness.

Post a Comment