Normally, I don't get to watch many shows in the morning when they are on but that doesn't mean I don't know how to work a DVR or a computer. If it wasn't for those two devices, I wouldn't get to watch much tv.
I remember first watching The View with the original co-hosts: Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Barbara Walters, Lisa Ling, and Joy Behar when I didn't have college classes back in the late 90's. When I still taught, I always enjoyed The View in the morning and Ellen in the afternoon on days when I didn't have to go to school due to snow days .Almost three years ago, when I was pregnant and home on medical leave, I would tune it to watch these women daily. I would watch them after Today. This was my morning routine since I was supposed to be "taking it easy".
Today, the co-hosts include Barbra Walters, Joy Behar, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, Whoopi Goldberg, and Sherri Shepard. Two college degrees and two kids later, I still tune in. Why? How can you not be interested in the views of these different women. They come from different backgrounds, have different styles, and of course, have unique and sometimes clashing perspectives, on anything and everything. How can you get bored with that?
Mom Central is currently running a contest where a random winner will be drawn to attend a taping of The View in New York City. You have until Febraury 28th to enter.
Here is the guest line-up for this current week:
- Monday, Feb 22: Senator Evan Bayth of Indiana will be making his first and only television appearance since announcing that he is not running for re-election in 2010.
- Tuesday, Feb 23: The controversial cast of MTV’s Jersey Shore will be joining the Women live on Tuesday. This will be an interesting show to see how the cast and the women interact!
- Wednesday, Feb 24: Nadya Suleman who famously gave birth to octuplets last year will be making her first trip to NYC to chat live with the Women of the View. Author Danielle Steel will also be a guest
- Thursday, Feb 25: A one hour show Themed “trying to have a baby?”Guests include Giuliana And Bill Rancic
- Friday, Feb 26: Regis and Joy Philbin will perform a song from their new CD: Regis &Joy: Just you. Just me.
Interested in getting in on the action and finding out what other moms are saying about The View? Follow other Brand Ambassadors, by using the hashtag #theviewmoms on twitter. You can also follow The View on twitter @theviewtv.
I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other The View branded items to facilitate my review.