Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Unconditional Love of a Child

 

The beauty of the unconditional love of a child:

They don't hold grudges (at least not for long).

That look that they give you with their love shining in their eyes that undoes your heart.

That flower (one of those pesky dandelions that invades your lawn in the spring) that they picked or the rock from the driveway for the only one worthy of their treasure-you.

Mommy and daddy kisses must be given before their heads hit the pillow.  It's that magic that lets them enter slumber.

Their little legs can't carry them to you fast enough when you've been gone from their side for only a few minutes or a few hours.

You are the one to whom they tell their adventures to.
The only gift that they want from you is your time and attention.

When you are sad or are hurt, they want to kiss it to make it better. If only it was that easy at times.


As I wrote this my two year old was trying to climb into the pack-n-play with the 7 month old saying "I here to break us out".  That love extends to siblings (at least until they start to show interest in the same toys).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so true.

Today I was really sad at lunch. I had just gotten a call from the vet - our dog's cancer has spread to her lungs. And I wasn't crying, but I must have looked sad. My daughter gave me an apple slice, a half-eaten chip, a sip from her milk and a bunny rabbit, "to make you feel bettah"

THen I cried.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

That is the sweetest little post-- My favorite part, of course, is the "break outta here" comment. I LOVE when kids say stuff like that!

Thanks for stopping by earlier-- I'm like your hubby, I need the TV on to fall asleep (otherwise I hear DH's "Darth Vader" breathing!).

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Lourie said...

This was a great post. Kids really do have unconditional love. And I love their big sweet hugs and kisses.

Post a Comment